Fashion. Entertainment. News. Health. Lifestyle. Beauty. Tips. Recommendations. Inspiration.


September 29, 2009

Germs and the Gym

Now that the outdoors aren't quite as desirable for working out, I joined the gym up the street in an effort to get/stay in shape throughout the winter.  I went for the first time last night.  I jumped on a treadmill and was fascinated by the individual TV's attached to each treadmill as well as the built-in fan that kept me cool during my workout.  It was the mack daddy treadmill, that's for sure. 

But things went slightly downhill after my walk.  I went to use some of the weight machines and that's when I realized what this gym was lacking.  CLEANLINESS!  I am a complete germophobe and there were no sanitizing wipes for any of the machines, which I found disgusting.  My last gym had cleaning wipes all over the gym, which I used before using each piece of equipment. 

With the Fall setting in as well as the cold and flu season, if you are hitting the gym, make sure to use the cleaning wipes that your gym provides or else (as overprotective as it sounds) you might want to consider bringing a small supply of your own wipes.  Purell  and Wet Ones are great options - just be sure the label says antibacterial.

You will be happy you followed this tip when you stay healthy this Fall and avoid that cold that the last guy using your treadmill had.  Hah-choo!

No comments:

Post a Comment